Thursday 2 February 2012

GRATITUDE AND ACKNOWELEDGEMENT

In contemporary times, like no other period in history, humans are so pre-occupied with the rat race for material comfort that they tend to forget those simple things that make human life humane. Civilisation to me, is an attitude of mind to fellow human beings, society and reality in general, it is not the quantity of material things an individual possesses. Some of the attributes of civilised human being are gratitude, social etiquettes such as respect for elders, decency in speech asn as well showing gratitude for fovours received, among others. There is no doubt that appreciation or kindness and charity is an important attribute of a refined person. It encourage people to do more good to others and promotes the culture of solidarity and good will. Consequence from the above, i shall therefore, use this opportunity to express my appreciation and gratitude to those who, in various ways, helped me to cope with the vicissitudes, daunting and existential challenges of my life, particularly, in 2011.
First, MY GOD, you made heaven and earth, and all things, good and bad. You have blessed me with so many people,who have been blessings in my life. I humbly thank you for all the miracles you have performed in my life, especially the ones i haven't been aware of ! Truly, my cup runneth over...
I remain eternally greateful to my parents; you can never become so old that you become anything other than your parents' child. Especially, IYA YEMI, i'll never forget the sufferings she went through for the sake of her childeren, including myself. SEUN, i cannot contemplates how grateful i am for having as a brother. The sky is your limit! BRO FATAI, i usually mistake you as my second-dad! Thanks for your concern about my progress in life. JUMMY and KOYE, cousins me toh baaadth, you guys are da bomb! Without you, i have no family.
My gratitude also goes to MR & MRS ADETUNMBI, you picked me up again, when push came to shove. Perhaps, i would i have been a miscreant without your mentoring and guardianship. Now, it appears to me clearly, why daddy was strict and disciplined! BRO WALE, LEKAN, IDRIS and AFEEZ, you guys will forever remain my blood!
All thanks to Ms. FLY, for enriching my life and making it worth living. Without question, my existence would have been a fraction without its denominator, in her absence. May your shadow never grow less!
I also acknowledge the contribution of all my lecturers, in the department of philosophy, University of Lagos, especially, my course adviser, DR SBJ. His consistent encouragement and advices has helped me tremendously to find my bearing in the murky waters of the academic environment. Special thanks to the ORACLE OF ONTOLOGY, coincidentally, my supervisor, PROF JIM IJENWA UNAH, your refined thought and wisdom has always been a source of inspiration to me. I salute you sir! Im happy to say im the product of your own making!
I am also highly indebted to, EMMANUEL ARODOVWE, your disharming humility singles you out as an enlightened, human being and makes you an inspiration to me as well. FUNMI, 'my sis from another mother': ups and downs will come, but a friend in need is still a bloody nuisance! KOME, BISI, MAYOWA, REX, FESTUS and MICHAEL,how can i forget you guys?
DR SUFI, you taught me the dreaded logic. Now, it is gainsaid that im one of the best in that course. Little did they know, that you are the secret of the success. For this, i am highly grateful. OSHA, TOSIN, IFEANYI, YANGA(we're still working on it. lol!), you'all are my oga's and budding intellectuals!
OLAJIDE GEORGE, fasa president, you a pillar of support. Henceforth, o ti di oju oro tin leke omi, oti do osu bata tin leke odo! ONIBABA, aka baba oloye, how can i forget your kindness? Most times, i wonder how u are able to combine studies, work and babes. Anycase, your personality is a pointer to the fact that, as a man, you must hustle. Thanks for that reminder! PEACE, the most outstanding student in my class. You have inadvertently contributes to my academic success. I pray that God'll see you through and all of us. ABIMBOLA and YEK, has undisputedly, remain the most incorrigible and perpetual budding classmates. Suprisingly, your 'canterkerousity' always made me restless. Thanks for making me better my best; keep bringing it on! TERRY and DEBO, two of a kind. Really?lol! Thanks for tolerating my 'impressionalistic attitude',u
you two, are very good bad guy. OYIN, TOMI, BISO and BUKKY, 4plet of a kind, if that ever exist! Thnks for been a friend. PITA(as i am), how can i forget you? TOBI and co., DAMMY, BJ, VICKY, OYE, LAMIDI, DEAN, WALE, ADURA,.hey, hope i wont put myself into trouble by mentioning to much, yet, some names are left out? BABA ADEJUMO is more than a class-mate. The appellage 'BABA' is not accidental. His personality and tenacity sparkles the desert of my unseriousness! To all the philosophy graduating class 2011/2012, thanks for tolerating my excess in class. You guys are the bomb!
I also acknwoledge NAPS and NAOSS EXCOS, without you guys, my administratitive and managerial skill's doomed!
All thanks to MRS JIMOH IBRAHIM, thanks for your accomodation and student friendly. Pls ma, dont forget those faces and contact, because, i might come bugging you after school. Lol! MR.PATRICK of KSD investment and co. Thanks for all your advices. Mr. OLAONIPEKUN of motif oil and Gas, thanks for hospitality. Mrs IBIDUN of Tinapa's clothing, you are mother!
To all my room mates in RM A1O4, Mareire Hall, and all my friends at ijagun, KENNY, DELLY, SUNDAY, LEKE, EDWIN,TOYIN, VIVIAN, KAFFI, BIMPE.. Thank you all for accomodating my excess. Thanks to all that wish me well in all my endeavours and those who believe in my dreams, my fb fellaz, my avid readers on Information Nigeria. May Almighty God meet you in all your point of needs!
For all those i did not mention, and all of you, who know yourselves. I've realized that no matter how you try, you can never remember everyone; so it's not that you aren't important, but that i'm suffering from 'Memory Lapse', accept my sincere gratitude. Surely, whether mentioned or otherwise, i am nothing without you. Wishing you all, Merry christmas and prosperous New Year in Advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment