Thursday 2 February 2012

In a Distance, A Tempest Approach

Frantic...
A frenzied existence, a frenetic life
Unadultrated madness,feverish with organized chaos
A candle burning at both ends, and again in the middle,
And any 'mojo film' once begun, is tenaciously hold unto
A feeling of immortality; of invincibility- Death is something that always happens,
But never happens to us!
Beer? Drink two cartons!
Smokes? Haba, can't we mange with three rolls?
"Yemi," u no go smoke & drink?
Free am joorh, omo mummy He too dey form supernatural!
Wey the women? Let's have another party!
That clock on the wall is just talking to itself...
We can stay twenty-four hours, another twenty-four, and
yet another;
Back to back,school,work,play;work, play... Without sleep or rest!
She called,"Fi oju si iwe o," remember that you're just a
pre-degree student...
Who be dat? Na my mumsy
wetin happen again? No mind...
'Enjoy' life! Until you milk out all the pleasure; Until all that's left is an ugly shadow of what used to be
You race the engine, until you come to a resounding crash. O prophet, but you are so wicked!
Oh, why did you not force me to listen?
You Noah, why did you not make yourself clearer?
For I was one of them who laughed at your message,
Your urgent prophecy of a coming flood:
Intellectual logic, but no emotional understanding of God Never believe that anything could happen to my beautiful world
When I heard about the flood imminent, I cackled and I hooted with mirth
When I saw the signs, I turned a blind eye, and I nearly
died of blindness And I laughed, and I laughed, until I cried, until it was
upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment